I-spark is the “ingenious spark”, a concept that captures the essence of the work we want to promote. In our minds there are six i-elements to the ingenious spark: informative, intelligent, innovative, inspiring, intrepid, imaginative.
Academic-Magazine: we are a peer-reviewed medical journal, thus we select for work that is informative, intelligent and innovative. We are also a magazine that focuses on the human element, thus we select for work that is imaginative, intrepid and inspiring.
1. Informative: Excellent quality information, with high level of evidence.
2. Intelligent: Demonstrates higher order thinking, logic, reason, strategy and insight.
3. Innovative: Ideas and invention.
4. Imaginative: Creativity, thought and vision
5. Inspiring: Shining a light on positive achievements and role models.
6. Intrepid: Stories that show courage and endurance.